I’ve been tagged twice (by CanarySanctuary and fiberfiend6891) in a little “7 random facts” quiz. I don’t usually do these things, but I’ve taken their encouragement as a kick in the butt to actually use my blog.
1. I was born August 25th, 1987 in Toronto, and I’ve lived here all my life. 21 in a few months! I’ll be able to call myself a twenty-something.
3. My clock radio is set to a classic rock station and all day long, each day, I have the song that I woke up to stuck in my head. Today it was “The Boys in the Bright White Sports Car”:video link. Hi-larious.
3. I love knitting for the summer: skirts, tanks. Wooly winter sweaters just don’t appeal to me, despite living in Canada.
4. I got a haircut recently! With bangs! I haven’t worn this type of bang since i was a little kid, so i was naturally apprehensive. And although I don’t look too thrilled in that photo, I am actually happy with them. I think they look like Chuck’s from Pushing Daisies while wavy and like Ana Karina’s while straight.
5. I generally bake when I’m avoiding something (ie. SCHOOL WORK UGH). Today I baked a bread loaf.
6. I listen to bands with female singers almost exclusively. Like Broadcast, Blonde Redhead, Amy Winehouse, Komeda, Nouvelle Vague. I just find the sound sweeter, I suppose.
7. I can’t drive. I think I bought the driver’s manual when I was 15 in anticipation of taking the test, but I’ve never gone for it. The thought of controlling a giant machine is a bit terrifying, and I’m happy taking the bus.
And speaking of summer knitting, I’ve finished something for this season:
It’s the Lacy Skirt with Bows from Greetings from the Knit Cafe. It’s finishing blocking now, and I’ll get some modeled photos later this week and post some details about the project.